Board meetings are held regularly, and are open to all club members (except when the meeting location cannot safely accommodate the expected number of people). This month, the Board is meeting at Harry Zisko’s house at 7:00 pm. Since this is dinner time for a lot of folks, please feel free to BYO dinner and show up at 6:00 pm. If you need Harry’s address or directions, please use our Contact form to get in touch with Harry for this info.
Our first General Meeting is many, many months is scheduled for Tuesday, November 11 at 7:00 pm at Restaurant 604 near the Pearl Harbor Memorial. To minimize disruptions to the meeting, please come around 6:00 pm if you would like to eat. While it’s not required that you purchase dinner, it would help support the restaurant staff if all attendees do order something when attending the meeting.
Our meeting area is downstairs, and is open on three sides. But, It can get a little chilly if the wind is blowing, so you might want to bring a sweater.
Here are the details:
57 Arizona Memorial Dr.
Honolulu, HI 96818
Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka, Happy Hannukah, Happy Festivus, and Happy whatever else you might celebrate at the end of the year. Our Holiday Brunch is coming up soon, and here are the particulars:
- Date: December 12, 2021 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Location: 3660 On the Rise, 3660 Waialae Avenue, on the corner of Waialae and Wilhelmina Rise. (map)
- Parking available under the building. Parking will be paid for by Don and Carol Johnston. Mahalo Don and Carol!
- We will be having a gift exchange. Value of gifts $10 – $15. Men to bring gift for men, women to bring gift for women.
All applicable COVID restrictions at the time of the Brunch will be in force. These change regularly as the COVID situation gets better or worse, so please keep updated on the situation. As of November 1, the requirements include (there may be more requirements, so please be flexible):
- Showing your COVID vaccination card or acceptable negative test upon entry to the restaurant. Note: “in-home” COVID tests are not accepted by the restaurant.
- Wearing your mask except while eating or drinking.
- We are limited to a maximum of 50 people attending
- Seating will be at tables of 8, food served “family style” (i.e.: large platters placed on the table from which everyone takes their portion of the food).
- No mingling between tables
Since we have to provide a headcount to the restaurant ahead of time, we will need your payment by December 4th to reserve your seats. Payment accepted by credit card only! If you register after December 4th, you will be put on a waitlist. Your money will be refunded if you do not get confirmed for the Brunch.
Use this form to order your AMSCH Holiday Brunch tickets using a credit / debit card, or your PayPal account. If you use a mobile device, then you can also pay with Venmo.
Also, please note that the discount price is for AMSCH Members only. i.e.: those folks who have paid their membership dues of $30 / person / year. Being a member of the AMSCH Facebook page does NOT make you a member of the club eligible for the discounted price. If you are uncertain of your membership status, please click here to fill out a contact form and select you are trying to contact the Treasurer – Harry Zisko
Lastly, the prices below include tax and tip.
Please enter the information requested below.
Sunrise is at 7:11 am so be prepared to get up early! We will be meeting in the Zippy’s Koko Marina (map) parking lot at 6:20 am. Roll out to Halona Blowhole at 6:40 am. Sunrise is at 7:11, and then we cruise around the windward coast through Waimanalo and up to Windward Mall to have breakfast at Big City Diner. Hope to see you there!